Author: Kate (from the ourkitchen.fisherpaykel.com website)
This popped up in an email & since I happen to have the ingredients on hand will give it a go this week. What better than a hearty bowl of nourishing soup at this time of year?
INGREDIENTS, SERVES 4--
1 large onion
2 cans of cannellini beans, drained
4 rashers of good quality smoked bacon
750ml vegetable stock
Garlic infused olive oil (2tbsp plus extra to garnish)
1. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
2. Dice the onion.
3. Place 2 tbsp of oil in a pot and add the diced onion and half the bacon, gently sauté until soft and golden.
4. Add beans and vegetable stock, simmer gently with the lid on for 10 minutes.
5. Cook reserved bacon in a small pan until crispy.
6. Blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
7. Serve in a warm bowl garnished with crispy bacon bits and a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.